CBSE 12 Class Informatics Practices Old Syllabus 2018-19 Units, Chapters & Topics
CBSE 12 Class Informatics Practices Old Syllabus 2018-2019 Chapters, Topics and other details has been given in this article. If you are searching for CBSE Class 12 Old Syllabus of Informatics Practices subject for the academic year 2018-19, then you’ve landed in right place. Download CBSE Informatics Practices Class 12 Old Syllabus 2018-19 pdf. Given CBSE Syllabus of Informatics Practices subject is officially released by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for the year 2018 and 2019. Below you can find latest updates regarding CBSE Informatics Practices Class XII Syllabus, Chapters, Topics and Unit Weightage.
- CBSE Class 12 Home Science Syllabus
- CBSE Class 12 Physical Education Syllabus
- CBSE Class 12 Mathematics Syllabus
- CBSE Class 12 Psychology Syllabus
You may find in this article
Download CBSE 12 Class Informatics Practices Old Syllabus
- Networking and Open Standards
- Relational Database Management System
- IT Applications
|Click Here||Download the Class 12 Informatics Practices Old Syllabus PDF|
CBSE 12 Class Informatics Practices Marks Weightage
|Units||Topics||No Chapter wise Weightage. Care to be taken to cover all the Chapters.|
|1||Networking and Open Standards|
|3||Relational Database Management System|
Time of an examination is 3 hours and the marks is 100
Units & No. of Periods of CBSE Class 12th Informatics Practices
- Networking and Open Standards – (20 Theory + 4 Practical) Periods
- Programming – (46 Theory + 44 Practical) Periods
- Relational Database Management System – (50 Theory + 40 Practical) Periods
- IT Applications – (10 Theory + 26 Practical) Periods
Chapters & Topics in CBSE 12 Class Informatics Practices Old Syllabus
Unit 1: Networking and Open Standards
- Networking: a brief overview,
- Communication Media: Wired Technologies – Co-Axial, Ethernet Cable, Optical Fiber; Wireless Technologies – Blue Tooth, Infrared, Microwave, Radio Link, Satellite Link;
- Network Devices: Modem, Hub, Switch, Repeater, Gateway – and their functions
- Types of network: LAN, MAN, WAN, PAN;
- Network Topologies: Star, Bus, Tree
- Network Protocols: HTTP, TCP/IP, PPP, Remote access software such as Team Viewer;
- Identifying computers and users over a network: Basic concept of domain name, MAC (Media Access Control), and IP Address, domain name resolution
- Network Security Concepts: Cyber Law, Firewall, Cookies, Hackers and Crackers
- Network security threats: Denial of service, Intrusion problems, Snooping, Eavesdropping
- Internet Applications: SMS, Voice Mail, Electronic Mail, Chat, Video Conferencing
- Wireless/Mobile Communication: GSM, CDMA, WLL, 3G, 4G Open Source Concepts:
- Open Source Software (OSS), common FOSS/FLOSS examples (GNU/Linux, Firefox, OpenOffice, Java, Netbeans, MySQL). Common open standards (HTML, XML, ODF, TCP/IP, CSS)
- Indian Language Computing: Character encoding, UNICODE, different types of fonts (open type vs true type, static vs dynamic), Entering Indian Language Text – phonetic and key map based, Inscript.
Unit 2: Programming
- Basic concept of Class, Object, Inheritance and
- Polymorphism Commonly used libraries:
- String class and methods: toString(), concat(), length(), toLowerCase(), toUpperCase(), trim(), subString()
- Math class methods: pow(), round()
- Accessing MySQL database using JDBC to connect with database.
- Web application development: URL, Web server, Communicating with the web server, concept of Client and Server Side
- HTML based web pages covering basic tags – <HTML>, <TITLE>, <BODY>, <H1><H6>, <B>,<I>,<U>, <CENTER>, <COMMENT>, <IMG>, ANCHOR <A>, Paragraph <P>, Line Break <BR>,
Horizontal Rule <HR>, <FONT>, <TABLE>, <LIST> <UL>, <OL>, <FORM>
- Creating and accessing static pages using HTML and introduction to XML
Unit 3: Relational Database Management System
Review of RDBMS from Class XI
- Concept of Database transaction, Committing and revoking a transaction using COMMIT and ROLLBACK AND SAVEPOINT.
- Grouping Records: GROUP BY, Group functions – MAX(), MIN(), AVG(), SUM(), COUNT(); using COUNT(*), DISTINCT clause with COUNT; Group Functions in case of Null Values.
- Creating a Table with PRIMARY KEY, Foreign Key, Unique and NOT NULL constraints, Viewing Constraints, Using DESC command to view constraints.
- Displaying Data From Multiple Tables: Cartesian product, Union, Intersection and Equi-Join
- ALTER TABLE for
- Deleting column(s), modifying data type(s) of column(s),
- Adding a constraint, enabling constraint, dropping constraints.
- DROP Table for deleting a table or a database.
Unit 4: IT Applications
- Front-end Interface: Introduction; content and features; identifying and using appropriate component (Text Field, Radio Button, CheckBox, List etc. as learnt in Unit 2 (Programming)) for data entry, validation and display.
- Back-end Database: Introduction and its purpose, exploring the requirement of databases, tables and its essential attributes.
- Front-End and Database Connectivity: Introduction, requirement and benefits
- Demonstration and development of appropriate Front-end interface and Back-end Database for e-Governance, e-Business and e-Learning applications
- Impact of ICT on society: Social, Environmental and Economic benefits.
In each of the above domains, identify at least two real-life problems, list the expected outputs and the input(s) required for the output, and describe the problem solving approach and develop relevant front-end interface and back-end database.
CBSE class 12 Informatics Practices Old Syllabus 2018-19
|1||Problem Solving using Java||10|
|4||Project Work : IT Applications||5|
Following are the posts related to the CBSE Class 12 Syllabus 2018-19
- CBSE Class 12 Business Studies Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 12 Computer Science Old Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 12 Computer Science New Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 12 Home Science Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 12 Physics Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 12 English Elective Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 12 Maths Syllabus 2018
CBSE Students, need not to worry about the CBSE 12 Class Informatics Practices Old Syllabus 2018-19. In this article, we provided the Informatics Practices CBSE Class 12th Syllabus along with the details of each and every Units, chapter and topics. Refer once this article and go for CBSE Class 12 examination preparation. In this article, all the information is completely related to the CBSE Board. Generally CBSE changes the Informatics Practices syllabus year to year. So to get old Informatics Practices syllabus updates, keep follow this page and Don’t forget to share with your friends. They may also know the Informatics Practices CBSE Class 12th Syllabus 2018-19.