CBSE Class 10 Foundation of Information Technology (FIT) Syllabus 2018-19 Units, Chapters & Topics
CBSE Class 10 Foundation of Information Technology (FIT) Syllabus 2018-2019 Chapters, Topics and other details has been given in this article. If you are searching for CBSE Class 10 Syllabus of Foundation of Information Technology (FIT) subject for the academic year 2018-19, then you’ve landed in right place. Download CBSE Foundation of Information Technology (FIT) Class X Syllabus 2018-19 pdf. Given CBSE Syllabus of Foundation of Information Technology (FIT) subject is officially released by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for the year 2018 and 2019. Below you can find latest updates regarding CBSE Foundation of Information Technology (FIT) Class 10 Syllabus, Chapters, Topics and unit Weightage.
You may find in this article
Download CBSE Class 10 Foundation of Information Technology (FIT) Syllabus
- Basics of Information Technology
- Information Processing Tools
- Societal Impacts of IT
- IT Applications
|Click Here||Download the Class 10 Foundation of Information Technology (FIT) Syllabus PDF|
CBSE Class 10 Foundation of Information Technology (FIT) Syllabus & Marks Weightage
|I||Basics of Information Technology||10||–|
|II||Information Processing Tools||25||30|
|III||Societal Impacts of IT||05||–|
Chapters & Topics in CBSE Class 10 Foundation of Information Technology (FIT) Syllabus
Unit I : Basics of Information Technology
- Internet: World Wide Web, Web servers, Web Clients, Web sites, Web Pages, Web Browsers, Blogs, News groups, HTML, Web address, E-mail address, URL, HTTP, FTP, downloading and uploading files from remote site;
- Services available on Internet: Information Retrieval, Locating sites using search engines and finding people on the net;
- Web Services: Chat, email, Video Conferencing, e-Learning, e-Banking, e-Shopping, e-Reservation, e-Governance, e-Groups, Social Networking.
Unit II : Information Processing Tools
- Office Tools : Database Management Tool: Basic Concepts and need for a database, Creating a database, DataTypes-Text, Number, Date, Time, Setting the Primary Key, Entering data into a database, Inserting and deleting Fields, Inserting and deleting Records, Field Size, Default Value, Creating Query using Design view.
- Information Representation Methods
- Hyper Text Markup Language : Introduction to Web Page Designing using HTML, Creating and saving an HTML document, accessing a web page using a web browser (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Apple Safari, Net scape Navigator);
- Elements in HTML : Container and Empty elements, Designing web pages using the following elements:
HTML, HEAD, TITLE, BODY (Attributes: BACKGROUND, BGCOLOR, TEXT, LINK, ALINK, VLINK, LEFTMARGIN, TOPMARGIN), FONT(Attributes: COLOR, SIZE, FACE), BASEFONT (Attributes: COLOR, SIZE, FACE), CENTER, BR (Break), HR(Horizontal Rule, Attributes: SIZE, WIDTH, ALIGN, NOSHADE, COLOR) inserting comments, H1..H6 (Heading), P (Paragraph), B (Bold), I (Italics), U (Underline), UL & OL (Unordered List & Ordered List Attributes: TYPE, START), LI (List Item)
Insertion of images using the element IMG (Attributes: SRC, WIDTH, HEIGHT, ALT, ALIGN), Super Script SUP, Subscript SUB, Creating Table using the element TABLE (BACKGROUND, BGCOLOR, WIDTH, CELLSPACING, CELLPADDING, BORDER), TR, TH, TD, ROWSPAN, COLSPAN, Internal and External Linking between Web Pages: Significance of linking, A -Anchor Element (Attributes: NAME, HREF, TITLE, MAILTO).
- XML (Extensible Markup Language): Introduction to XML, Difference between XML and HTML with respect to the following:
Data separation, data sharing, document structure, tags, nesting of elements, attributes, values. XML Elements – Defining own tags in XML, root elements, child elements and their attributes; Comments in XML, White space and new line in XML, well formed XML documents, validating XML documents, XML Parser, Viewing XML documents in a web browser.
Unit III : Societal Impacts of IT
Information Security: Virus, Worms, Trojans and Anti-Virus Software, Spyware, Malware, Spams, Data Backup and recovery tools and methods, Online Backups, Hacker and Cracker with regard to Computer Data and Applications, Social Networking Information security provisions in e-commerce, Benefits of ICT in Education, Healthcare, Governance, Virtual, School, emergence of Knowledge economy, Impact of ICT on Society.
Knowledge based society, Infomania, Digital Unity and Digital Divide.
Unit IV : IT Applications
Students are suggested to work on the following suggestive areas using Database Management Tool and HTML on topics implementing the tools/elements covered in the course.
- Personal Data Record File
- School/Class Result Record
- Employee Payroll
- Stock Inventory
- Vehicle Parking Record File
- My Home Page
- My School
- My Family
- Personal Blog with Name, Photo, Areas of Interest, School, State, Country
- School Website – Infrastructure, Facilities, Uniform, Motto, School Pictures, Extra Curricular Activities, Subject and Language Options
- Travel and Tourism
- Statistics on India – State wise Area, Population, Literacy (Enrolment in Primary, Middle, Secondary, Senior Secondary), Gender Ratio
- Environment (Save Energy) and Pollution (Global Warming)
(A) HANDS ON EXPERIENCE – 30 Marks
- Database Design :
- Creating and entering data into a database
- Setting the primary key
- Inserting meaningful data and organising
- Creating Query with the same design view of the table.
- Web Page Designing :
- Adding a title to webpage
- Inserting Image
- Forming Test
- Adding Ordered/Unordered Lists
- Adding content in Tabular Form
- Writing Text in Paragraphs
- Adding Internal / External links.
The students are supposed to know the tools and style for designing domain specific web pages from real life applications and the topics mentioned in the syllabus.
- XML Assignment :
Students to be asked to create an XML document on the lines of XML concepts covered in theory syllabus.
*Printouts of the document(s) should be attached with the answer sheet
(B) IT APPLICATIONS REPORT FILE – 15 Marks
Students are supposed to make a IT Application Report File containing real life assignments using a Database Management Tool and HTML
- Five Database Solutions
- Four HTML source code along with browser view
- Two XML Documents Source Code and View.
(C) IT Application project using database and website design in a domain such as School Management, Public Services Computing, Business Computing. 10 Marks
(D) VIVA VOICE – 05 Marks
Viva based on IT applications report file.
Following are the posts related to the CBSE Class 10 Syllabus 2018-19
- CBSE Class 10 English Communicative Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 10 English Language and Literature Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 10 Hindi Course A Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 10 Hindi Course B Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 10 Social Science Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 10 Information and Communication Technology Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 10 Sanskrit Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 10 Home Science Syllabus 2018
CBSE Students, need not to worry about the CBSE Class 10 Foundation of Information Technology (FIT) Syllabus 2018-19. In this article, we provided the Foundation of Information Technology (FIT) CBSE Class X Syllabus along with the details of each and every Unit, chapter and topics. Refer once this article and go for CBSE Class 10 examination preparation. In this article, all the information is completely related to the CBSE Board. Generally CBSE changes the Foundation of Information Technology (FIT) syllabus year to year. So to get Foundation of Information Technology (FIT) syllabus updates, keep follow this page and Don’t forget to share with your friends. They may also know the Foundation of Information Technology (FIT) CBSE Class 10 Syllabus 2018-19.