CBSE Class 10 Home Science Syllabus 2018-19 Units, Chapters & Topics
CBSE Class 10 Home Science Syllabus 2018-2019 Chapters, Topics and other details has been given in this article. If you are searching for CBSE Class 10 Syllabus of Home Science subject for the academic year 2018-19, then you’ve landed in right place. Download CBSE Home Science Class X Syllabus 2018-19 pdf. Given CBSE Syllabus of Home Science subject is officially released by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for the year 2018 and 2019. Below you can find latest updates regarding CBSE Home Science Class 10 Syllabus, Chapters, Topics and unit Weightage.
You may find in this article
Download CBSE Class 10 Home Science Syllabus 2018
- Human Growth & Development – II
- Management of Resources
- Food and Personal Hygiene
- Meal Planning
- Food safety and consumer education
- Care and Maintenance of Fabrics and Apparel
|Click Here||Download the Class 10 Home Science Syllabus PDF|
CBSE Class 10 Home Science Syllabus & Marks Weightage
|1.||Human Growth & Development – II||13|
|2.||Management of Resources||13|
|3.||Food and Personal Hygiene||08|
|5.||Food safety and consumer education||13|
|6.||Care and Maintenance of Fabrics and Apparel||13|
The Board examination will be of 75 marks, with a duration of 3 hours.
Units & No. of Periods of CBSE Class 10 Home Science Subject
- Human Growth & Development – II – 30 Periods
- Management of Resources – 30 Periods
- Food and Personal Hygiene – 18 Periods
- Meal Planning – 42 Periods
- Food safety and consumer education – 30 Periods
- Care and Maintenance of Fabrics and Apparel –30 Periods
- Practicals – 40 Periods
Total – 220 Periods
Chapters & Topics in CBSE Class 10 Home Science Syllabus
Unit I : Human growth & development II
- Play (0-5 years), role of play in growth & development of children. Types of playactive, passive, natural, serious and exploratory, selection of play material for children.
- Childhood. Adolescents and Adulthood : Special Features.
- Problems of Adolescents
- Old Age : Need of care
Unit II : Management of Resources : Time, Energy & Money
- Time Management – Definition & Importance
- Time plans – Factors affecting time plan
- Energy Management : Definition and Importance
- Fatigue and work Simplification
- Family Income & Types : Expenditure & Importance of Saving and Investment
Schemes (Only Listing)
Unit III : Food & Personal Hygiene
- Principles of hygienic handling of food, including serving of food.
- Hygiene in kitchen
- Personal hygiene of food handler
- Hygiene during food storage
Unit IV : Meal Planning
Concept of Meal Planning
- Factors affecting meal planning : age, sex, climate, occupation, cost of food items, number of family members, occassion, availability of food, family traditions, likes and dislikes
- Basic food groups
- Use of food groups in planning balanced diet, in context of self. RDA-ICMR (2010) and its uses in family diets
- Therapeutic adaptations of normal diet : Based on consistency and cooking methods
Unit V : Food Safety and Consumer Education
- Food Safety, mal-practices of traders, price variation, poor quality, Faulty weights and measures, non-availability of goods, misleading information, lack of standardized products
- Food adulteration : Concept, adulterants & harmful effects of adulteration, FSSAI Standards (2006)
- Consumer Rights and problems faced by consumer, redressal and rights (Listing)
- Sources of Consumer Education – Govt & Non-Govt. Agencies (Only listing)
Unit VI : Care and Maintenance of Fabrics and Apparel
- Cleaning and finishing agents used in routine care of clothes.
- Stain Removal
- Storage of cotton, silk, wool and synthetics\
- Ready made garments, selection, need and workmanship
CBSE class 10 Home Science New Syllabus 2018-19 (25 Marks)
(Distribution of Marks : 3 Marks per Unit)
- Make suitable play material for children between 0-3 years (work in a pair)
- Plan a balanced diet to self (only one meal).
- Prepare a time plan to self for one day.
- Prepare a report on any five mal practices you have observed in the market.
- Undertake a market survey and collect five (5) food labels, analyze them and
illustrate the labels.
- Remove common stains of curry, paint, ball pen ink, grease, lipstick, tea and
- List five areas of agreement and disagreement each with parents, siblings and
friends, and present the solutions to class.
- Examine positive & negative qualities of one readymade and one tailor made
- Prepare a care label for a readymade garment according to its fabric and design.
- Practical File. (4 Marks)
- Viva Voce. (3 Marks)
Following are the posts related to the CBSE Class 10 Syllabus 2018-19
- CBSE Class 10 English Communicative Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 10 English Language and Literature Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 10 Hindi Course A Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 10 Hindi Course B Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 10 Social Science Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 10 Information and Communication Technology Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 10 Sanskrit Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 10 Home Science Syllabus 2018
CBSE Students, need not to worry about the CBSE Class X Home Science Syllabus 2018-19. In this article, we provided the Home Science CBSE Class 10 Syllabus along with the details of each and every Unit, chapter and topics. Refer once this article and go for CBSE Class 10 examination preparation. In this article, all the information is completely related to the CBSE Board. Generally CBSE changes the Home Science syllabus year to year. So to get Home Science syllabus updates, keep follow this page and Don’t forget to share with your friends. They may also know the Home Science CBSE Class 10 Syllabus 2018-19.