CBSE Class 9 Computer Applications Syllabus 2018-19 Units, Chapters & Topics
CBSE Class 9 Computer Applications Syllabus 2018-2019, Chapters, Topics and other details has been given in this article. If you are searching for CBSE Class 9 Syllabus of Computer Applications subject for the academic year 2018-19, then you’ve landed in right place. Download CBSE Social Science Class IX Syllabus 2018-19 pdf. Given CBSE Syllabus of Computer Applications subject is officially released by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for the year 2018 and 2019. Below you can find latest updates regarding CBSE Computer Applications Class 9 Syllabus, Chapters, Topics and unit Weightage.
You may find in this article
Download CBSE Class 9 Computer Applications Syllabus 2018
- Basics of Information Technology
- Cyber safety
- Office Tools
|Click Here||Download the Class 9 Computer Applications Syllabus PDF|
CBSE Class 9 Computer Applications Syllabus & Marks Weightage
|Unit No.||Unit Name||Marks|
|1.||Basics of Information Technology||5|
Time of examination is 3 hours and marks awarded are 100
Chapters & Topics in CBSE Class 9 Computer Applications Syllabus
Unit 1: Basics of Information Technology
- Familiarity with the basics of computers: design of computers, and overview of communication technologies
- Computer Systems: characteristics of a computer, components of a computer system – CPU, memory, storage devices and I/O devices
- Memory: primary (RAM and ROM) and secondary memory
- Storage devices: hard disk, CD ROM, DVD, pen/flash drive, memory stick
- I/O devices: keyboard, mouse, monitor, printer, scanner, web camera
- Types of software: system software (operating systems), application software, mobile applications
- Operating systems: kernel, device drivers, and file systems (very basic idea)
- Computer networking: wired/wireless communication, common protocols: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, cloud computers (private/public)
- Multimedia: images, audio, video, animation
- Chat sites, and social networks.
Unit 2: Cyber-safety
- Safely browsing the web and using social networks: identity protection, proper usage of passwords, privacy, confidentiality of information, cyber stalking, reporting cybercrimes
- Safely accessing websites: viruses and malware
Unit 3: Office tools
- Introduction to a word processor: create and save a document.
- Edit and format text: text style (B, I, U), font type, font size, text colour, alignment of text.
- Format paragraphs with line and/or paragraph spacing. Add headers and footers, numbering pages, grammar and spell check utilities, subscript and superscript, insert symbols, use print preview, and print a document.
- Insert pictures, change the page setting, add bullets and numbering, borders and shading, and insert tables – insert/delete rows and columns, merge and split cells.
- Use auto-format, track changes, review comments, use of drawing tools, shapes and mathematical symbols.
- Presentation tool: understand the concept of slide shows, basic elements of a slide, different types of slide layouts, create and save a presentation, and learn about the different views of a slide set – normal view, slide sorter view and hand-outs.
- Edit and format a slide: add titles, subtitles, text, background, and watermark, headers and footers, and slide numbers.
- Insert pictures from files, create animations, add sound effects, and rehearse timings.
- Spreadsheets: concept of a worksheet and a workbook, create and save a worksheet.
- Working with a spreadsheet: enter numbers, text, date/time, series using auto fill; edit and format a worksheet including changing the colour, size, font, alignment of text; insert and delete cells, rows and columns. Enter a formula using the operators (+,-,*, /), refer to cells, and print a worksheet.
- Use simple statistical functions: SUM (), AVERAGE (), MAX (), MIN (), IF () (without compound statements); embed charts of various types: line, pie, scatter, bar and area in a worksheet.
Unit 4: Scratch or Python
Alternative 1: Educational programming language – Scratch
- Introduction to Scratch.
- Drag and drop commands, creating simple scripts, repeating blocks of commands.
- Discuss x-y plane, create scripts to move the cat (Scratch mascot).
- Create a script to draw diagrams using the pen feature.
Alternative 2: Python – (provided as an option to children with special needs)
- Introduction to Python
- A simple “Hello World” program
- Running a Python program
- The notion of data-types and variables: integer, float, string
- Arithmetic operations: +, -, *, /
- Basic I/O devices: use the mouse and keyboard, draw a figure.
- Working with the operating system: Navigation of the file system using a mouse and keyboard, and then doing the same with shell commands.
- Word processing: create a text document, create a letter, report, and greeting card.
- Create a text document with figures in it. It should describe a concept taught in another course.
- Discuss the following in a text document about the basic organisation of a computer: CPU, memory, input/output devices, hard disk.
- Create a text document in an Indian language other than English.
- Create a presentation.
- Create a presentation with animation.
- Create and edit existing images, and then include them in a presentation.
- Animate pictures and text with sound effects in a presentation
- Create a simple spreadsheet and perform the following operations: min, max, sum, and average.
- Create different types of charts using a spreadsheet: line, bar, and pie.
- Send an email to your friends. Attach some documents that you have prepared earlier. Put some friend in the CC and BCC list. Interact with friends to find out who was in the BCC list.
- Do an online chat with multiple friends. Transmit documents using the chat platform.
- Create a video and upload it on YouTube.
- Write basic Scratch/Python programs.
Following are the posts related to the CBSE Class 9 Syllabus 2018-19
- CBSE Class 9 English Language and Literature Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 9 Hindi Course A Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 9 Hindi Course B Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 9 Maths Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 9 Science Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 9 Social Science Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 9 Computer Applications Syllabus 2018
CBSE Students, need not to worry about the CBSE Class 9 COMPUTER APPLICATIONS Syllabus 2018-19. In this article, we provided the Computer Applications CBSE Class IX Syllabus along with the details of each and every Unit, chapter and topics. Refer once this article and go for CBSE Class 9 examination preparation. In this article, all the information is completely related to the CBSE Board. Generally CBSE changes the Computer Applications syllabus year to year. So to get Computer Applications syllabus updates, keep follow this page and Don’t forget to share with your friends. They may also know the Computer Applications CBSE Class 9 Syllabus 2018-19.