CBSE Class 9 Home Science Syllabus 2018-19 Units, Chapters & Topics
CBSE Class 9 Home Science Syllabus 2018-2019, Chapters, Topics and other details has been given in this article. If you are searching for CBSE Class 9 Syllabus of Home Science subject for the academic year 2018-19, then you’ve landed in right place. Download CBSE Home Science Class IX Syllabus 2018-19 pdf. Given CBSE Syllabus of Home Science subject is officially released by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for the year 2018 and 2019. Below you can find latest updates regarding CBSE Home Science Class 9 Syllabus, Chapters, Topics and unit Weightage.
You may find in this article
Download CBSE Class 9 Home Science Syllabus 2018
- Concept and scope of Home Science Education and recent trends
- Human Growth & Development – I
- Family and Values
- Food, Nutrition and Health
- Fibre and Fabric
- Resource Management
- Measures of Safety and Management of Emergencies
|Click Here||Download the Class 9 Home Science Syllabus PDF|
CBSE Class 9 Home Science Syllabus & Marks Weightage
|1||Concept and scope of Home Science Education and recent trends||03|
|2||Human growth & Development – I||10|
|3||Family and Values||08|
|4||Food, Nutrition and Health||17|
|5||Fiber and Fabric||15|
|7||Measures of Safety and Management of Emergencies||07|
Time of examination is 3 hours and marks awarded are 75
Units & No. of Periods of CBSE Class 9 Home Science Syllabus
- Unit I : Concept and scope of Home Science Education and recent trends – 5 Periods
- Unit II : Human Growth & Development – I – 25 Periods
- Unit III : Family and Values – 20 Periods
- Unit IV : Food, Nutrition and Health – 45 Periods
- Unit V : Fibre and Fabric – 34 Periods
- Unit VI : Resource Management – 34 Periods
- Unit VII : Measures of Safety and Management of Emergencies – 17 Periods
Total Theory + Practical Periods : 180+40 = 220 Periods
Chapters & Topics in CBSE Class 9 Home Science Syllabus
Unit I : Concept and scope of Home Science Education and recent trends
- Concept of Home science
- Fields of Home Science
- Relevance of study of Home Science and career options
- Recent trends
Unit II : Human Growth & Development – I
- Concept of growth and development
- Principles of growth and development
- Factors affecting growth and development (environmental and heredity)
- Age specific milestones (Birth to adolescence)
Unit III : Family and Values
- Concept and types of family
- Role of family in Holistic development of an individual (Physical, Social, Psychological and spiritual)
- Ethical and value based society (need for happy family, respect and care for each member of family, Dignity of labour, work distribution within the family)
- Importance of Girl Child.
- Influence of various factors on a family : Globalisation, urbanisation, migration, technology and media.
Unit IV : Food, Nutrition and Health
- Definition of food, nutrition, nutrient, Health and nutritional status.
- Food and its functions (Physiological, social and psychological)
- Nutrients : sources and functions
- Relationship of food, health and diseases
- Malnutrition : concepts and components (over nutrition and under nutrition)
- Concept of Balanced Diet
- Methods of cooking and processing
- Cooking methods : Dry methods, moist methods, combination methods
- Processing methods : Germination, Fermentation, Mutual supplementation / Combination
- Conservation of nutrients while cooking and processing
Unit V : Fibre and Fabric
- Definition of Fiber and Yarn
- Classification of fiber on the basis of origin and length
- Characteristics of fibers : feel, appearance, colour fastness, length, strength, absorbency, shrinkage, elasticity, effect of heat and sunlight.
- Methods of construction of fabric – brief description of weaving, knitting and felting.
- Selection of fabric : Factors affecting selection of fabric (age, purpose, occupation, fashion, figure, climate, comfort and cost).
Unit VI : Resource Management
- Resources : Definition and characteristics
- Types of resources (Human : Time, Energy, Knowledge and attitude Non-Human: Money, materialistic goods and community resources)
- Waste Management – Need to refuse, reduce, reuse, repair and recycle waste.
- Proper disposal of kitchen waste (Biodegradable : Composting, Vermicomposting, biogas and bagass. Non Biodegradable : Inceneration, Land fills and recycle)
Unit VII : Measures of Safety and Management of Emergencies
- Accident prone / Unsafe Zones at home
- Need of safety at home
- Measures of safety against burns, electric shocks, cuts, fractures, bites, poisoning
- First Aid : Concept and Importance
Practicals – (25 Marks)
[Distribution of Marks : 3 Marks per unit (Unit No. 2 – 7)]
- Observation of motor skills in three year old child.
- Behavioural changes in an adolescent through observation method among peer group.
- Role of family members : collage / chart etc.
- Design educational games specific to functions / sources of nutrients.
- Identification and use of kitchen tools and appliances : at least any five e.g. refrigerator, cooking gas, mixer-grinder, microwave, smokeless chulas, pressure cooker etc.
- Weights and measures : Equivalents / conversions of Ounce, gram, cup, teaspoon, tablespoon, how to use a kitchen weighing scale.
- Identification of fruits, vegetables, spices, oils, sugars, cereals, and lentils.
- Food processing method demonstration : Germination and Fermentation.
- Collection and Identification of fabrics, physical and burning tests.
- Take a case study of a house for disposal of kitchen waste and encourage segregation of biodegradable and non biodegradable waste, through creating slogans / posters etc.
- Prepare a first aid kit and practice giving first aid for burns, cuts, bites, fractures, electric shocks. (group activity)
- File work (4 Marks)
- Viva Voce (3 Marks)
Following are the posts related to the CBSE Class 9 Syllabus 2018-19
- CBSE Class 9 English Language and Literature Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 9 Hindi Course A Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 9 Hindi Course B Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 9 Maths Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 9 Science Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 9 Social Science Syllabus 2018
- CBSE Class 9 Computer Applications Syllabus 2018
CBSE Students, need not to worry about the CBSE Class 9 HOME SCIENCE Syllabus 2018-19. In this article, we provided the Home Science CBSE Class IX Syllabus along with the details of each and every Unit, chapter and topics. Refer once this article and go for CBSE Class 9 examination preparation. In this article, all the information is completely related to the CBSE Board. Generally CBSE changes the Home Science syllabus year to year. So to get Home Science syllabus updates, keep follow this page and Don’t forget to share with your friends. They may also know the Home Science CBSE Class 9 Syllabus 2018-19.