The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has issued a reminder to schools affiliated with it regarding the importance of uploading correct marks for practical, project, and internal assessments on the Board’s portal for the 2024 examination. The Board has provided guidelines and information to help schools avoid mistakes while uploading marks.
Guidelines for Uploading Correct Marks
- Curriculum Document: This document mentions the marks allotted to theory and practical/internal/project marks.
- Letter dated 30.10.2023: This letter informs schools about the subjects being offered for the 2024 examination along with total marks assigned to each subject with theory and practical/project/internal assessment.
- Letter dated 10.10.2023: This letter provides guidelines for the conduct of practical/internal assessment/project for Classes X & XII for winter-bound schools for the session 2023-24.
- Letter dated 22.12.2023: This letter reiterates the importance of correct awarding/uploading of marks.
- Circular dated 26.12.2023: This circular again reiterates the importance of correct awarding/uploading of marks.
Precautions for Conducting Practicals
- The Internal Examiner and External Examiner must read the Board’s circulars and instructions before the start of the practical examination and adhere to them.
- They must verify the details of the marks as well as the bifurcation of marks from the Curriculum document.
- The practicals should be conducted and marks should be awarded based on the marks allotted to different activities in the Practical/Project/Internal Assessment.
- Before uploading the marks on the Board portal, the Principal should verify from both the Internal and External examiners that the marks have been awarded correctly out of the maximum marks allotted for the subject.
- Correct marks should be uploaded on the server, and a printout should be taken and matched once again before the final submission of the marks on the portal. The award list must be signed by the Internal Examiner, External Examiner, and the Principal for records.
The CBSE has emphasized the importance of uploading correct marks for practical, project, and internal assessments on the Board’s portal for the 2024 examination. Schools must take the necessary precautions to avoid mistakes while uploading marks. The marks once uploaded will be final for the declaration of results, and no correction thereafter will be permitted. It is expected that Principals, Internal Examiners, and External Examiners will focus on awarding the marks correctly and uploading them correctly as no correction request will be acceded to, once marks are uploaded.
You can view the official PDFs here: https://www.cbse.gov.in/cbsenew/documents/Uploading_Correct_Practical_Marks_15012024.pdf